Remember when stating 25 random facts about yourself in the “Notes” section of your Facebook page (which ceases pretty much, to be used at all in this day and age – all of 4-5 years later)? I do. And I’m going to retro-throwback that as part of my blog on this sunny September day.
1. Today is the first time I’ve ever comfortably and confidently been able to call myself someone’s girlfriend without feeling as though I was making assumptions about someone else’s feelings.
2. I didn’t like the movie Frozen. I don’t understand why the internet and everyone else in the world has turned it into such a huge phenomenon. It was an average animated Disney musical at best.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with social media. On one hand, I am hopelessly addicted to Facebook, Twitter, blogging, Instagram, Snapchat, and so on and so forth and I manage active accounts on many sites. On the other hand, I see small children having dinners out with their parents and they’re staring at a screen and not paying attention to their surroundings at all; I see people at concerts documenting their entire experience through a 3-5″ screen; I see kids in high school texting each other and Facebooking each other more than they’re actually physically spending time together. It hurts me to see a generation that does not know a world without hand-held devices.
4. I make one of 2-3 variations of the same meat/vegetable combinations for dinner every single night that I cook.
5. In the past 3-4 years, I’ve grown very comfortable addressing issues that happened in my past. I realized talking about the past helps to make everything better and lighten a load that nobody needs to burden themselves with.
6. I love scalp massages. More than pretty much anything in the world.
6. I’ve never had a manicure before. I’m too ashamed of my ugly hands.
7. I sometimes feel that I constantly like people more than they like me and I’m talking about friendships as well as relationships. I always check my email half-expecting to see people who are no longer in my life coming to certain realizations and messaging me about them, and every day that doesn’t happen. At this point, I’m starting to be okay with that.
8. As horribly sexist as it is, one of the movies that sums up and reminds me of what it was like to grow up and be a teenager in the late 90s/early 00s is American Pie.
9. If I don’t have coffee in a while, I start getting excruciating headaches. Which means I have a full-fledged addiction.
10. I always liked Christina Aguilera more than Britney Spears.
11. Considering that I did an English teaching degree and an Arts undergraduate degree, I am actually quite poorly read.
12. I don’t really care about having the ‘latest’ or ‘best’ technology.
13. I’m borderline-obsessed with soup. It’s one of my favourite go-to lunches.
14. One of my favourite songs of all time is the embarrassingly cheesy “Drops of Jupiter” by Train. There’s something about it that transcends me. Of all the songs I know (and there are a lot), there’s something indescribable about it.
15. When I was a kid I used to sneak mouthfuls of whipped cream that I’d squirt into my mouth from the can when my mom wasn’t home.
16. I think the 90s episodes of The Simpsons is some of the best television ever created. I never get tired of classic Simpsons reruns.
17. One of my favourite things to do is travel to see a concert. You get the experience of a trip as icing on the cake, and an amazing show.
18. If I could abandon all logic and choose any career in the world whether or not I’m suited to or qualified for that job, I would either be a forensic investigator, a record store owner, or I would open a bar in Maui.
19. I’ve had moments where I swear I can predict the future, even though logically I’m sure that I can’t.
20. I have the most crippling fear of failure.